Saturday, August 23, 2014

It sounds to me like they set him up...........



Something about the whole automatic dismissal didn't seem kosher but I had no time to investigate the matter because I had 9 short days to pay the rent and I wasn't going to pay the rent if I was being disenfranchised.  I thought paying the back rent would be a complete waste of money since according to Subway it would not alleviate my problems with them.  I had to take Subway's word that I was disenfranchised effective immediately.  At least a month later my other business venture was ready to get started.  All I had to do was move the Subway Restaurant equipment into the new business location and pray for the best.  So imagine my shock when I was faced with the District Representative for Subway Restaurants at the old franchise door and he told me that he was here to rescue me.  I asked him the million dollar question, "Did I really sign an agreement with your company that gave you the right to terminate me without remedy?"  His reply, "Well not really but it doesn't really matter now."  "What do you mean?" I asked dumbfoundedly.

"Well you didn't remedy anything so you broke the terms of the franchise agreement you did sign," he smirked and then added, "but I'm going to buy the restaurant from you anyway.  How much did you pay for this joint?" he asked kicking the front door of my old franchise restaurant.  Still in shock as I realized that I had been duped I replied, "$200,000.  You want to give me $200,000?" I inquired disheartened.  "Well I can't give you that--you've been disenfranchised; this equipment is worth nothing unless you're a franchisee; which you're not; so I'll do you a favor and buy the place complete for $100,000.  If I were you I wouldn't hesitate," he pontificated.  I told him he best leave while he still had teeth in his mouth.  He told me, "Come on sell to me.  What are you going to do with this used equipment?  It's worthless to you."  I told him I would do anything but sell to him and allow him and his corrupt company to defraud me and sweep their dirt beneath the carpet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment