Saturday, August 23, 2014

From last post.............


I said I was going to move the equipment to a new location and start up in business again.  He then forewarned, " You'll be sorry if you move the equipment out of this restaurant.  You have no idea how sorry you'll be."  That was the last communication between John Musco and me.  He was right though I was sorry that I moved the restaurant equipment since I was then sued by DAI for Federal Trademark Infringement and was compelled to participate in some "mandatory arbitration" that was called for by the terms of the franchise agreement I signed with them.  Their arbitrater assigned fault to me in a breach of contract matter and awarded them close to $15,000 and the Federal judge awarded them close to $100,000 for my trampling of their trademark rights.  That should have been the end but doesn't something about this matter sound seriously unfair.  Why were they allowed to bring me to court but I had no recourse except arbitration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment